Second Chance Headway Centre,
Wakefield WF1 1AD
Alternatively, visit the get in touch page for more ways of getting in touch.
Visting our centre
Our centre is split across two buildings which are only 50 metres apart, located in the centre of Wakefield on Almshouse Lane next to the Ridings Shopping Centre and just a few minutes walk from Wakefield Cathedral.
- We are easy to reach by bus.
As we are located in Wakefield city centre there are many bus stops within a five minute walk of our building.
- We are easy to reach by car.
We are happy to advise you on parking options. The Ridings blue car park is located just a few minutes from our centre.
- We are ten minutes walk from a train station.
Wakefield Westgate and Wakefield Eastgate are both approximately ten minutes’ walk from our centre.
The Second Chance centre is split across two buildings just 50 metres apart, located in the centre of Wakefield on Almshouse Lane next to the Ridings Shopping Centre and a few minutes walk from Wakefield Cathedral. Our central location allows our members to make use of nearby services, encouraging them to learn travel routes, complete shopping tasks and practice social interactions.
We offer a range of facilities within our buildings:
- A fully accessible disability kitchen with adjustable worktops, cupboards, hob and sink
- A therapy room equipped with a plinth and physio equipment. This is used by our specialist physiotherapist and support team to provide physical exercise.
- A large social room where members can interact with each other. This has a pool table and an open kitchen area where members are encouraged to prepare their own drinks.
- Several multi-function rooms for running group sessions and workshops.
- Access to a range of IT equipment including desktop PCs, tablets and iPads